Skip to main content


Showing posts from November, 2009

Configuring Custom Error Pages on IIS7

One thing that often trips me up whenever I setup a new Windows Server 2008 box is the IIS default error pages for standard error codes 401, 404, 500 etc. These seem to override the Custom errors section in your Web.Config. If you notice above the default for IIS7 is: “Detailed errors for local requests and custom error pages for remote requests” In order to make use of the Custom error pages in your Web.Config you need to select the “Detailed Errors” option.

Microsoft-Windows-IIS-W3SVC-WP Event id 2294 - Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2

Just ran into this mysterious error when trying to deploy a WCF project to IIS. The description for Event ID 2294 from source Microsoft-Windows-IIS-W3SVC-WP cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: v4.0.20506" It turns out that after installing Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 there were some of the old framework files floating around. To solve this go to %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\ and delete the directory named v4.0.20506 Restart your Application Pool and you should be good to go.

CAS Policy changes in .NET 4.0 Visual Studio Beta 2

I ran into a interesting exception yesterday when trying to run NServiceBus on Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See for more information. I found some more info on this blog . Basically the fix is to add the following to your App.Config < runtime > < loadFromRemoteSources enabled = " true " /> </ runtime >